Friday, July 17, 2009

Confessions of a Housewife

You know how when you were a kid you watched I Love Lucy on Nick At Night? And you were all, oh that Lucy, always trying to get into show business and causing trouble and getting random one episode gigs at various jobs where hilarity inevitably insues! Well. I am the new Lucy. Except my hair is naturally red, there isnt that much hilarity so far, and I dont have nearly as many cute outfits. Actually, the later fact might soon be remedied by how many hours I have spent online shopping while eating breakfast alone.

When Geoff gets home Ill have some 'splaining to do.

'Splaining about how even though I used to bitch about my job sometimes, I really loved having purposeful days filled with high heels and lunch dates and after work happy hour. If I drink during the day now, its technically considered alcoholism.

But seeing as how it might be a few months until I am once again gainfully employed, I am trying to make the most of it. I go to the gym for like 2 hours (as that is what trophy wives do), and go to the grocery store, and plan dinners, and do laundry. Its like weekends in my old life, but with less fulfilment. And more online shopping.

All Im saying is, no wonder Lucy got into trouble. Im just holding out for Vitameatavegamin to call me so I can be all YOUR PRODUCT HAS BOOZE?! HELL YES I WILL DO YOUR COMMERCIAL.

1 comment:

Candace said...

If the opportunity arises, you should definitely reenact the episode where Lucy works at the chocolate factory....

And it makes me sad that you have to have breakfast by yourself...you should get a pet. And if you can't find one, I'll overnight you a lamb.

And Chris says hi and welcome to the army.