Monday, June 23, 2008

the sappy is blinding.

I was talking with my friend D today about relationships, the lack thereof, and the struggle with each. The gist of it was that its easier to be a friend to someone than be in a relationship. There is less pressure for perfection, reduced expectations, and you don't have to buy them prezzies in the hopes that you will get some.

While we were discussing all of this (careful...this is where the sap comes in) I realized how lucky I am to be in the relationship I am in. With each challenge that D and I brought up, I realized that G and I have found our way around it. Maybe we were bitching at each other the whole time, maybe we came close to punching each other ( or in my case, doing cup checks), but we hobbled through. I think back to our disfunctional roots as friends that pretended not to flirt with each other, and wonder how I got here. Unsuspectingly, three years later (holy crap, i know) I find myself in a relationship with a man who both loves me for who I really am, and makes me laugh so hard I pee a little.

So, cheers to that.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

cup checks
???

Anonymous said...

Hehe...cheers on the cup checks